Friday, November 27, 2009

Meet April Star!

Meet April Star certainly the star author of The Last Resort a mystery novel. April and I put together an interview for you fancy readers, so scroll down and enjoy:

Heather: To start off, tell us a little bit about your background:

April: Married for 38 years, no children, 3 Maltese "babies." We traveled for 16 years in an RV and I have worked in the RV industry for 18 years. I'm also a columnist for the local paper with my RV column, RV Rendezvous.

Heather: How long have you been writing?

April: Ever since I realized the magic of pencil to paper.

Heather: What started you writing for publication?

April: Knowing I could make money doing something I loved.

Heather: Do you have a set time when you write, or just whenever you get the urge?

April: Early morning, before work, and weekends.

Heather: Who is your favorite author?

April: Far too many to name just one.

Heather: Have you ever had writer's block, and if so how do you get rid of it?

April: No. I believe the term "writer's block" is just an excuse to be lazy and not write.

Heather: What do you recommend to aspiring authors?

April: WRITE EVERY DAY NO MATTER WHAT!

Heather: How do you invent your characters?

April: Composites of people I meet.

Heather: I know a few authors who keep records (almost like police records) of height, weight, background, etc. of their characters, do you keep tabs on your characters, and if so, what do you usually make note of?

April: I primarily keep notes of character traits and psychological profiles.

Heather: Some authors say that they feel as though his or her characters are real, do you feel this way, and what do you think about this?

April: Yes, I do feel this way. Many times my character's take over the story and go in a whole new direction than I had planned for them! I think it's a magnificent and magical feeling. It's when I know for sure that the writing is good.

Heather: Do you have anything in the works?

April: Yes, my new Paradise by the Sea Mystery series.

Heather: What would you say is the neatest thing you know?

April: The RV lifestyle and what why campers are such a unique and fun group of people.

Heather: What was your favorite part about writing your book?

April: The campground settings.

Heather: Has music ever inspired your writing?

April: Yes, many times music or a song has inspired scenes.

Heather: Do you like to write in complete silence or does it have to be noisy?

April: For me it HAS to be quiet with just soft music in the background.

Heather: What made you put your characters in the setting that you did?

April: Having lived the setting and known many personalities in this type of setting.

Heather: Keyboard or pen?

April: 50-50.

Heather: What do you think is the hardest part about being an author?

April: The solitude and feeling that no one out there even knows you exist (until you've written as much as Nora Roberts.)

Heather: What do you usually do while writing?

April: I step into another whole new world.

Heather: What were the circumstances surrounding your decisions to become an author?

April: The craft chose me. It is something I have always felt compelled to do.

Heather: Some people say that you need to live life before you write a book, do you think that it's experience that writes a book or imagination?

April: Imagination and Inspiration mixed with experience is what makes a good book.


I like the colors of: Green
The sky is most beautiful when it's: Streaked
My favorite feature of a computer is: Enter
Thing I love most in the world is: Living
Things I hate most in the world is: Pain
My favorite type of electronic device is: Keyboard
My favorite thing that has been available before the year 1900: Fashion
The oddest thing you have ever written on (hand, wall, etc.) is: Peace

You can read more about April Star and her books by following this link - http://www.authoraprilstar.com/

No comments: